GAETANO M. DE SAPIO, ESQ.
PRIMARY AREAS OF PRACTICE
Gaetano M. De Sapio has 37 years of experience in virtually every area of the legal field including Government Law, Labor Relations, Open Space Preservation, Farmland Preservation and Right-to-Farm, Estate Tax Planning, Estate Administration, Elder Care Planning, Construction Claims and Litigation, School Law, Business Formation, Administrative Law, Personal Injury and Employment Claims, Litigation, Trials and Appeals, and the General Family Practice.
EDUCATIONAL AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
- Admitted to the New Jersey Bar and Federal District Court, 1974
- Rutgers – The State University of New Jersey Law School, J.D., Magna Cum Laude, 1974
- University of Notre Dame, B.B.A., Finance and Business Economics, Summa Cum Laude, 1971
In addition to providing legal services to private clients, Gaetano M. De Sapio has served for the last 30 years as Hunterdon County Counsel. In that capacity, he represents its Board of Chosen Freeholders, the Hunterdon County Prosecutor in civil matters, the Surrogate, the County Clerk and the Sheriff and all departments and agencies of the County. He has extensive governmental experience, including dealing with State Agencies. He has handled Collective Bargaining, Personnel and Labor Relations matters for the County for 25 years. He has been in responsible charge of all litigation involving the County of Hunterdon, including claims litigation for accidents and injuries on County property and roads, as well as employment claims.
He has developed a reputation not only for legal competence, but for being able to facilitate and mediate agreements, to reach a client’s objective in the most cost effective manner.
PROFESSIONAL AND COMMUNITY AFFILIATION
- Member of the New Jersey State Bar Association
- Member Hunterdon County Bar Association
- Former President, New Jersey Association of County Attorneys